We’re born to be free to live our lives as we choose so long as we do not harm others. That’s what the Libertarian Party believes. We’re glad you found us here (in Michigan) where we have an exciting group of people who want to help you help us take charge of our lives, and put government in its proper place.
Run for a Nonpartisan Political Office
by Leonard Schwartz, Political Director
Libertarians’ greatest success is in nonpartisan elections. There are 92 LP members currently serving in nonpartisan elected positions; four in Michigan. Nearly all Michigan cities have nonpartisan elections this November. Here is how to get on the ballot:
1. Contact your city clerk to learn (a) the deadline for submitting candidate paperwork and (b) the number of valid signatures you need. Also ask if you can get on the ballot by paying a filing fee instead of petitioning and whether the fee is refundable. Your city clerk will provide petition forms and an “Affidavit of Identity.”
2. Unless you will pay a filing fee, gather signatures from city residents.
[Read full column here.]
Neil Carrick Files Suit for Marriage/Religion Freedom in Michigan
As many of you know I filed a lawsuit concerning Religious Freedom against the State of Michigan. The case is Carrick v Snyder. The Defendants named are the Michigan Governor and Attorney General. The Complaint will be online in the next few days.
The Detroit News just posted this story. So in the next few days stories like this will emerge over me filing a lawsuit against the Governor and the Attorney General of Michigan over Religious Freedom and the Right of Clergy to do what they believe is right when it comes to marriage. Please lend me a hand here.
Election 2014 Results
Greg Stempfle reports via Facebook and posted here:
- Mary Buzuma: 35,570 votes (1.13%), Governor, LPM best ever
- James Lewis: 60,874 votes (1.98%), Secretary of State, LPM best ever
- Jim Fulner: 62,623 votes (2.01%), US Senator, only minor to exceed 2% since Jon Coon
- State House average percentage 4.96%, LPM best ever
- District 61, Michael Stampfler: 2,941 votes (8.88%), LPM best ever since Coon (15.74%)
- State Senate average percentage 4.47%, LPM best ever
- District 20, Lorence Wenke: 7,263 votes (9.03%), best ever for any 3d party
- Congress average: 2.03%, best except 2012 (2.31%)
- Ed Boards: two LPM candidates finish in top three for all races
In summary, “we done good.” Much to digest and look positively upon. Stempfle post.
Other Recent Stories and Posts
- A Big Disappointment, by Jason Brandenburg
- Rodney Lockwood’s Liberty Fest Vision of a Free Belle Isle
- Year of the Disgruntled Voter, by Jason Brandenburg
- Liberty in Action Seminar 10/25/14
- Weeks’ Congressional campaign captures national attention
- Detroit Police Chief: “Legal gun owners can deter crime.”
- 2014 National LP Convention in Columbus, Ohio
Go to this page (http://michiganlp.org/?page_id=63) for full listing of LPM news and stories.
Subscribe to the new online Michigan Libertarian.
What Liberty is All About
History of the Libertarian Party
It’s with some reservation that I, Webmaster Brian, post the ‘Adolph Hitler’ video dubbed by our own Steve Mace to convey the message that the Two Party System—like the demise of our premier A-List 20th century dictator—is on the ropes. But I, Webmaster Brian, think it’s absolutely brilliant… and devastating. Let me know what you think… using Reply box below.
Advisory: some language is, well, PG-85. If you’re over 85, you may consider it unduly harsh and profane. Though my guess is ol’ Adolph actually used a little profanity here and there and it’s certainly how the higher echelons of power in Lansing do business and lament their approaching end of days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4A3XuH8rhg&feature=share