Rodney Lockwood ‘Liberator of Belle Isle’ Addresses 2014 Libertyfest
2014 Defender of Liberty Award Winners Honored
Winners of This Year’s Libbies:
- Producer of Liberty – Arnis Davidsons
- Promoter of Liberty – Erin Stahl
- Spokesperson for Liberty – Mary Buzuma
A special award was also presented to our speaker Rodney Lockwood. He received the first ever “It’s About Liberty I” Award which is to be given to a person who has worked “In Defense for the Moral Superiority of Laissez Faire Capitalism.”
Check for updates and details on our “Liberty Festivals” page.
Election 2014 Results
Greg Stempfle reports via Facebook and posted here:
- Mary Buzuma: 35,570 votes (1.13%), Governor, LPM best ever
- James Lewis: 60,874 votes (1.98%), Secretary of State, LPM best ever
- Jim Fulner: 62,623 votes (2.01%), US Senator, only minor to exceed 2% since Jon Coon
- State House average percentage 4.96%, LPM best ever
- District 61, Michael Stampfler: 2,941 votes (8.88%), LPM best ever since Coon (15.74%)
- State Senate average percentage 4.47%, LPM best ever
- District 20, Lorence Wenke: 7,263 votes (9.03%), best ever for any 3d party
- Congress average: 2.03%, best except 2012 (2.31%)
- Ed Boards: two LPM candidates finish in top three for all races
In summary, “we done good.” Much to digest and look positively upon. Stempfle post.
Other Recent Stories and Posts
- Kzoo candidates make front page, Gazette
- 2014 Election Night Gatherings
- Scotty’s Trial Postponed ’til 12/16/14
- Liberty in Action Seminar 10/25/14
- Campaign for Liberty Events 10/26/14
- Hudler for Regent fundraiser 10/4/14
- Alternative debates 10/3, in Detroit, news release page
- Brassroots gathering in Lansing
- 2013 Notable LPM Victories and Candidacies
- Weeks’ Congressional campaign captures national attention
- Detroit Police Chief: “Legal gun owners can deter crime.”
- 2014 National LP Convention in Columbus, Ohio
Go to this page (http://michiganlp.org/?page_id=63) for full listing of LPM news and stories.
Subscribe to the new online Michigan Libertarian.
A Basic View of What Liberty is All About
History of the Libertarian Party
It’s with some reservation that I, Webmaster Brian, post the ‘Adolph Hitler’ video dubbed by our own Steve Mace to convey the message that the Two Party System—like the demise of our premier A-List 20th century dictator—is on the ropes. But I, Webmaster Brian, think it’s absolutely brilliant… and devastating. Let me know what you think… using Reply box below.
Advisory: some language is, well, PG-85. If you’re over 85, you may consider it unduly harsh and profane. Though my guess is ol’ Adolph actually used a little profanity here and there and it’s certainly how the higher echelons of power in Lansing do business and lament their approaching end of days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4A3XuH8rhg&feature=share