We’re born to be free to live our lives as we choose so long as we do not harm others. That’s what the Libertarian Party believes. We’re glad you found us here (in Michigan) where we have an exciting group of people who want to help you help us take charge of our lives, and put government in its proper place.
“A Big Disappointment”
by Jason Brandenburg
After the historic losses of Democrats in the 2014 election, politicians from both major parties are suddenly in a hurry to get something done. Establishment types are doing their best to both undermine the incoming class of Republican law makers and quietly get home to enjoy the holidays. After years of gridlock and a so called “do nothing congress”, we are expected to believe there is a renewed interest in doing the people’s business.
A search of Google shows that April 29, 2009 was the last time Congress passed an actual budget. Research a little more and you will find that even that was not a true budget. This kind of funding is known as an omnibus spending bill. The last time America operated under a true budget was in 1997 during the Clinton-Gingrich era. The country has been operating on continuing resolutions ever since.
The most recent omnibus bill funds the government through most of 2015. Consider this action exhibit ‘A’ that the major parties couldn’t care less what the voters have to say…
Rodney Lockwood ‘Liberator of Belle Isle’ Addresses 2014 Libertyfest
2014 Defender of Liberty Award Winners Honored
Winners of This Year’s Libbies:
- Producer of Liberty – Arnis Davidsons
- Promoter of Liberty – Erin Stahl
- Spokesperson for Liberty – Mary Buzuma
A special award was also presented to our speaker Rodney Lockwood. He received the first ever “It’s About Liberty I” Award which is to be given to a person who has worked “In Defense for the Moral Superiority of Laissez Faire Capitalism.”
Check for updates and details on our “Liberty Festivals” page.
Election 2014 Results
Greg Stempfle reports via Facebook and posted here:
- Mary Buzuma: 35,570 votes (1.13%), Governor, LPM best ever
- James Lewis: 60,874 votes (1.98%), Secretary of State, LPM best ever
- Jim Fulner: 62,623 votes (2.01%), US Senator, only minor to exceed 2% since Jon Coon
- State House average percentage 4.96%, LPM best ever
- District 61, Michael Stampfler: 2,941 votes (8.88%), LPM best ever since Coon (15.74%)
- State Senate average percentage 4.47%, LPM best ever
- District 20, Lorence Wenke: 7,263 votes (9.03%), best ever for any 3d party
- Congress average: 2.03%, best except 2012 (2.31%)
- Ed Boards: two LPM candidates finish in top three for all races
In summary, “we done good.” Much to digest and look positively upon. Stempfle post.
Other Recent Stories and Posts
- Year of the Disgruntled Voter, by Jason Brandenburg
- Liberty in Action Seminar 10/25/14
- Weeks’ Congressional campaign captures national attention
- Detroit Police Chief: “Legal gun owners can deter crime.”
- 2014 National LP Convention in Columbus, Ohio
Go to this page (http://michiganlp.org/?page_id=63) for full listing of LPM news and stories.
Subscribe to the new online Michigan Libertarian.
A Basic View of What Liberty is All About
History of the Libertarian Party
It’s with some reservation that I, Webmaster Brian, post the ‘Adolph Hitler’ video dubbed by our own Steve Mace to convey the message that the Two Party System—like the demise of our premier A-List 20th century dictator—is on the ropes. But I, Webmaster Brian, think it’s absolutely brilliant… and devastating. Let me know what you think… using Reply box below.
Advisory: some language is, well, PG-85. If you’re over 85, you may consider it unduly harsh and profane. Though my guess is ol’ Adolph actually used a little profanity here and there and it’s certainly how the higher echelons of power in Lansing do business and lament their approaching end of days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4A3XuH8rhg&feature=share