- Upcoming Events
- May 03, 2008 - 12:00 AM
- Liberation Day 2008 to feature John Sinclair, Peter Werbe, Adam Brooke, a great band and more, at Grand Circus Park. DETROIT The annual Liberation Day event in Detroit this year will be bigger and better. Held once again at Grand Circus Park, both sides of the park will have festivities, including speakers, a drum circle, an ongoing video presentation, band, sign contest (which always lends a colorful tint to the festivities), and several human-rights and marijuana legalization organizations. A march through Downtown Detroit will commence at 4:20 pm.
- Location: Grand Circus Park (Near Woodward Ave. South of the Fox Theatre. Detroit, MI
- Contact: Paul Pearson Phone: 313-622-3429 Email: email@example.com
- May 07, 2008 - 6:00 PM
- The Libertarian Party of Southwest Michigan Executive Committee will hold its next monthly meeting at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, May 7, at IHOP, 1981 Pipestone Road, Benton Harbor, MI. Guests are welcome. For more information contact the LPSWM Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bill Bradley at 269-637-4525.
- Location: IHOP, 1981 Pipestone Road, Benton Harbor, MI
- Contact: Bill Bradley Phone: 269-637-4525 Email: email@example.com
- May 13, 2008 - 7:00 PM
- Monthly meeting of the Capital Area Libertarian Party. Everyone bring a friend and your own snacks or beverage. Convention discussion and Voters Bill of Rights initiative.
- Location: Lansing Libertarian office at 2722 E Michigan Ave., Suite 22 on the lower level. Park and enter in back.
- Contact: Will Tyler White Phone: 517 349-3806 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 14, 2008 - 7:30 PM
- Come and hear Tiffani Gagne speak to her efforts in the successful campaign to derail Ferndale's attempt to raise taxes on Downtown businesses and her ongoing efforts to remove the Authority that proposed the crippling tax. Also, the LPOC will holding its preconvention caucus. All of those interested in running for office please plan to attend. Join us at the next LPOC Meeting, on Wednesday, May 14th, at Sila’s in Berkley. Sila’s is located 2 blks. East of Greenfield Rd. on the south side of 12 Mile Rd. Dinner starts at 6:30 pm with the meeting commencing at 7:30 pm. All are invited. For further information please cal Bruce Hoepner at 248-219-3303
- Location: Sila's Restaurant, two blks. East of Greenfield on the south side of 12 Mile Rd.
- Contact: Bruce Hoepner Phone: 248-219-3303 Email: email@example.com
- May 22, 2008 - 00:00 AM
- Libertarian National Convention 2008
May 22nd to May 26th
Every four years, Libertarians meet to choose who will represent them in the upcoming presidential elections. This is typically a very exciting event filled with debate, intrigue and celebration.
- Location: Adam's Mark. Denver, Colorado.
- Contact: Natcom CSR Phone: 1-800-ELECT-US Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 05, 2008 - 00:00 AM
- Wayne County Caucus. Candidates will fill out candidate paperwork. We will also need to elect officers for the upcomming election year at this meeting. Stay tuned for details.
Let me know if you are interested in running for ofice this year. The LPM has set a goal of 100 candidates for this election. So far we are up to 60 with only three people from Wayne County indicating thier intention to run. Since we are the largest county in the state, we should be able to get a lot more libertarians involved.
- Location: Tentitively at Dimitiri's on the Avenue in the back room.
- Contact: Greg Stempfle Phone: 1-888-FREENOW Email: email@example.com
- June 07, 2008 - 08:00 AM
- State Convention which will include the nomination of 2008 Candidates for office.
Registration 8:00 AM
Convention starts 9:00 AM
There will be a hosted luncheon, and a banquet in the evening.
The Libertarian Party of Wayne County will host the Hospitality Suite. The suite will host a few events such as Relaxation and Refreshments, fundraising, accepting donations on pop, munchies of various sorts (that doesn’t require a license), and
The “post-election” LEC will hold their traditional 1st meeting in this room at 4 pm.
Possible photo opportunities with our Presidential Nominee in the HS.
- Location: Best Western Gateway Hotel, 9191 Wickham Road, Romulus , Michigan 48174
- Contact: Bill Gelineau Phone: 888-Free-Now Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more events, see the online calendar at:
- Platform Committee Accepting Changes by Greg Stempfle
At the upcoming state convention, a portion of the business session will be devoted to the consideration of changes to the LPM platform. This year’s Platform Committee will be chaired by Greg Stempfle. Traditionally, one member from each of the 5 largest affiliates meets to discuss the proposed changes prior to the convention and to give its recommendation to the membership. This year, I will consider including members from outside these affiliates to serve on the committee. Please send any proposed changes to the party platform the Stempfle@hotmail.com. The current platform of the LPM is found at
Please note, there will be no bylaw changes debated at this convention. Only during odd-numbered years do these occur so that we can spend more time on candidate selection.
Back to Contents
- Liberation Day 2008 offers opportunity for Outreach
This weekend, Libertarians in South-East Michigan will have an excellent opportunity to let people know their is a political party that agrees with them. Candidates and activists should bring litterature and spread the word.
Liberation Day 2008 to feature John Sinclair, Peter Werbe, Adam Brooke, Scotty Boman a great band and more, at Grand Circus Park. DETROIT The annual Liberation Day event in Detroit this year will be bigger and better. Held once again at Grand Circus Park, both sides of the park will have festivities, including speakers, a drum circle, an ongoing video presentation, band, sign contest (which always lends a colorful tint to the festivities), and several human-rights and marijuana legalization organizations. A march through Downtown Detroit will commence at 4:20 pm.
link to details and download flyers at:
Back to Contents