We’re born to be free to live our lives as we choose so long as we do not harm others. That’s what the Libertarian Party believes. We’re glad you found us here (in Michigan) where we have an exciting group of people who want to help you help us take charge of our lives, and put government in its proper place.
“The Year of the Disgruntled Voter”
by Jason Brandenburg
A ‘100 year sweep’, ‘Republican landslide’, ‘Dems may never recover’. While the Republican tidal wave is significant, let’s not forget this recent election unfolded with the backdrop of historically low opinion polls of all sides at all levels. Before Republicans become too smug in their 2014 victory, they would be wise to remember they are one messianic snake oil salesman away from becoming irrelevant (see 2008).
Every two years both major parties do an excellent job of turning literally one half of America against the other. In 2016 the spin machines spew forth all kinds of nasty stuff yet again, much of it true. Years of ugly rhetoric from all forms of media has left the modern voter going to the polls, not to vote FOR something, but rather voting against the party they believe to be the “bad guys”. Every four to eight years one side manages to win enough seats to push back on the other and stakes are raised yet again… full column here.
Rodney Lockwood ‘Liberator of Belle Isle’ Addresses 2014 Libertyfest
2014 Defender of Liberty Award Winners Honored
Winners of This Year’s Libbies:
- Producer of Liberty – Arnis Davidsons
- Promoter of Liberty – Erin Stahl
- Spokesperson for Liberty – Mary Buzuma
A special award was also presented to our speaker Rodney Lockwood. He received the first ever “It’s About Liberty I” Award which is to be given to a person who has worked “In Defense for the Moral Superiority of Laissez Faire Capitalism.”
Check for updates and details on our “Liberty Festivals” page.
Election 2014 Results
Greg Stempfle reports via Facebook and posted here:
- Mary Buzuma: 35,570 votes (1.13%), Governor, LPM best ever
- James Lewis: 60,874 votes (1.98%), Secretary of State, LPM best ever
- Jim Fulner: 62,623 votes (2.01%), US Senator, only minor to exceed 2% since Jon Coon
- State House average percentage 4.96%, LPM best ever
- District 61, Michael Stampfler: 2,941 votes (8.88%), LPM best ever since Coon (15.74%)
- State Senate average percentage 4.47%, LPM best ever
- District 20, Lorence Wenke: 7,263 votes (9.03%), best ever for any 3d party
- Congress average: 2.03%, best except 2012 (2.31%)
- Ed Boards: two LPM candidates finish in top three for all races
In summary, “we done good.” Much to digest and look positively upon. Stempfle post.
Other Recent Stories and Posts
- Kzoo candidates make front page, Gazette
- 2014 Election Night Gatherings
- Scotty’s Trial Postponed ’til 12/16/14
- Liberty in Action Seminar 10/25/14
- Campaign for Liberty Events 10/26/14
- Hudler for Regent fundraiser 10/4/14
- Alternative debates 10/3, in Detroit, news release page
- Brassroots gathering in Lansing
- 2013 Notable LPM Victories and Candidacies
- Weeks’ Congressional campaign captures national attention
- Detroit Police Chief: “Legal gun owners can deter crime.”
- 2014 National LP Convention in Columbus, Ohio
Go to this page (http://michiganlp.org/?page_id=63) for full listing of LPM news and stories.
Subscribe to the new online Michigan Libertarian.
A Basic View of What Liberty is All About
History of the Libertarian Party
It’s with some reservation that I, Webmaster Brian, post the ‘Adolph Hitler’ video dubbed by our own Steve Mace to convey the message that the Two Party System—like the demise of our premier A-List 20th century dictator—is on the ropes. But I, Webmaster Brian, think it’s absolutely brilliant… and devastating. Let me know what you think… using Reply box below.
Advisory: some language is, well, PG-85. If you’re over 85, you may consider it unduly harsh and profane. Though my guess is ol’ Adolph actually used a little profanity here and there and it’s certainly how the higher echelons of power in Lansing do business and lament their approaching end of days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4A3XuH8rhg&feature=share